5 Questions in 5 Minutes: Officer Tom Pitzen
We sat down with our Foley Police Department to ask 5 questions in 5 minutes. Here’s what Officer Tom Pitzen had to say.
1. What motivated you to become a police officer?
“To help people.”
2. What is your favorite thing about being a police officer in Foley?
“The freedom to make decisions on my own in an open, friendly community with a low activity/crime rate.”
3. What is one thing you wish people knew about being a police officer in a small town?
“That anything can happen, anytime, anywhere. The size of the town sometimes does not indicate the ability, experience, or effectiveness of the individual officer or department as a whole.”
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
“Play or watch hockey, bale hay, cut wood, swim, boating, camping, hiking, hunting, bonfires, take care of animals, mountain hiking, traveling, family time…etc…”
5. High fives or fist bumps?
“Depends on the situation. Sometimes a hand shake or hug is more fitting.”