Downtown Demonstration Project
Residents will see exciting changes to downtown Foley this summer. A temporary bike lane and parallel parking will be constructed along the south side of Dewey Street.
The demonstration will begin in early July and is expected to continue into August. If successful, the changes may be included in the Dewey Street road project anticipated to begin in 2018.
- Temporary bike striping, bumper curbs, and signage
- Potentially wider sidewalk
- Bike lane and parallel parking (instead of diagonal parking)
The project will be funded through a grant from the Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP). SHIP funds are given to organizations that are trying to improve physical activity and/or nutrition within a community. The project was approved by the Benton County Board and will be completed by the engineering firm SEH, Inc.
For more information:
- Foley Cross Section
- Foley Site Plan
- Alexandria, MN – Sample Demo Project
- Economic Benefits of Walking and Biking Investments
- Statewide Health Improvement Partnership (SHIP)
- Temporary Street Demonstration Project in Downtown Foley Asks for Public Feedback on Pedestrian and Biking Improvements (July 18, 2017)
- Demonstration Project Open House Scheduled for Aug. 1
- Take our Online Survey