4th Avenue Road Construction Project
The road construction project consists of the City of Foley, Benton County, SEH, and Kuechle Underground, Inc. SEH is the municipal engineering firm working with the City of Foley and will serve as the contact between the contractors and the residents/businesses in the project area.
The 4th Avenue North portion of the project includes:
- Street reconstruction of 4th Avenue North from Stony Brook Creek to Main Street
- Replacing the water mains
- Replacing sanitary sewer mains
- Replacing sewer and water services from the mains in the street to approx. 5′-8′ from the building faces
- Replacing and extending the storm sewer system
- Replacing the sidewalks throughout
- Adding decorative street lighting
4th Avenue North will be closed from Main Street to Stony Brook Creek. The project team understands the concerns this creates for the business owners and community of Foley. The following steps have been taken to help alleviate some of the concerns:
- Temporary pedestrian walkways will be provided in areas where construction activities are not actively on-going
- Temporary parking layouts on Dewey Street to help with traffic flow and parking on Dewey as Dewey Street will be closed at the intersection of 4th Avenue North
- Alley’s in the area will remain open, and will provide secondary access points for patrons, employees, and deliveries. Due to the expected increase of traffic in the alleys, they will be temporarily signed as one-way
The project team is committed to working with the business owners, patrons, and Foley residents in making this much-needed street reconstruction project go as smoothly as possible. Dale Claude with SEH will be a good resource for you when considering access and potential construction issues. If there are delivery times, specific access concerns or questions, please contact Dale.
Please see our Project Update Newsletter for more information.