5 Questions in 5 Minutes: Officer Ashley Holtz
We sat down with our Foley Police Department officers to ask 5 questions in 5 minutes. Here’s what Officer Ashley Holtz had to say.
1. What motivated you to become a police officer?
“I wanted to be a positive role model. We often times encounter people when they’re at their worst and are able to help those people out of bad situations and/or to make better future choices.”
2. What is your favorite thing about being a police officer in Foley?
“The strong support that the community gives to the Police Department. We have the unique ability to interact and build relationships with our community members during our patrol shifts.”
3. What is one thing you wish people knew about being a police officer in a small town?
“In a small community, little things are big things, and that’s important to know. We want to know about the not-so-big things because it’s often a sign of a bigger issue and allows us to more efficiently be proactive.”
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
“My guilty pleasure is reality television. I’m a huge fan of Survivor. I also love to play bingo, rescue animals, and spend time with family and friends.”
5. High fives or fist bumps?
“I’m good with both.”