5 Questions in 5 Minutes: Mayor Gerard Bettendorf
We sat down with our 2017 Councilmembers to ask them 5 questions in 5 minutes. Here’s what Mayor Gerard Bettendorf had to say.
1. What is your favorite thing about living in Foley?
“The golf course. I love to golf and I spend every day I can out on the golf course
2. What motivated you to get involved with city government?
“It all started with the Inflow & Infiltration (I&I) water problem that the city was having. I didn’t think they were doing it right and that’s when I decided to run for council and see what I could do to help.”
3. What is the one thing you wish people knew about Foley?
“How nice and friendly the town is. There are a lot of easy going people around here you can have good conversations with. You can make a lot of good friends. There are some pretty good people in this town.”
4. What do you believe is the most pressing issue facing the City Council in 2017?
“I think there are two pressing needs in Foley. One, we need to take care of the I&I water problem. And two, we have a lot of bad roads in Foley that we need to fix.”
5. How awesome are the people that work at the City of Foley?
a. Extremely Awesome!
b. Extraordinarily Awesome
c. Uniquely Awesome