Well Head Protection Plan
The City of Foley is in the process of developing a plan for its drinking water supply wells. As required by the Minnesota Wellhead Protection Rule (part 4720.5330, subpart 6) the Minnesota Department of Health approved part 1 of the plan for our system.
This portion of the plan includes information pertaining to:
- The delineation of the area
- The drinking water supply management area boundary
- The well and drinking water supply management area vulnerability assessment
A copy of the complete Part 1 plan containing the technical information used to delineate the wellhead protection area, drinking water supply management area, and vulnerability of the wells and aquifer is available at Foley City Hall for review.
- City of Foley Wellhead Protection Plan – Part II
- Wellhead Protection Plan Appendix
- Drinking Water Supply Management Area East
- Drinking Water Supply Management Area West
To learn more about your drinking water, see the following resources:
- Where Does Your Drinking Water Come From? (Brochure)
- Drinking Water: Keeping It Safe for All of Us (MN Dept. of Health)
- Owner’s Guide to Wells (MN Dept. of Health)