Quick Facts


quick_facts_imageI have a question about…

If you do not see your question listed, you may submit your question to contactus@ci.foley.mn.us or call City Hall at 320-968-7260.

If you would like to share a comment, complaint, or idea with us please fill out this comment form and submit to City Hall at City of Foley, 251 4th Ave. N, PO Box 709, Foley, MN 56329 or email us at contactus@ci.foley.mn.us

City Government

When does the City Council Meet?

Foley City Council meetings are held on the first and third Tuesday of each month at 5:30 p.m. in City Hall. The public is encouraged to attend and speak at the meeting during public forums.

When does the Planning Commission meet?

The Planning Commission meets on the second Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Please contact City Hall if you have a topic for the Planning Commission.

How can I get involved with City government?

There are annual volunteer positions open on City boards, commissions and committees. Please complete the interest form and submit to City Hall at contactus@ci.foley.mn.us or mail to: City of Foley, 251 4th Ave N, PO Box 709, Foley, MN 56329.

Building Permits and Digging

When does the City require a building permit?

Building permits are required for any new construction, remodeling, siding, roofing, signs, decks, and fences. You may download a building permit application from our website or stop by City Hall in person. If you have additional questions, please contact Spec Services, LLC at 320-293-5298.

Who do I need to contact to mark utility locations on my property before I begin digging in my yard?

Please call Gopher State One at 800-252-1166 for utility locations prior to any digging. It’s for your safety – and it’s the law!

The Fire Department

How do I become a volunteer Fire Fighter?

Foley has a volunteer Fire Department. Applications for becoming a Fire Fighter are available at City Hall or online.

Public Works

Where can I dump my grass clippings, leaves and yard and garden debris?

The City of Foley maintains a compost site on Benton County Road 51 (12991 55th St NE). This is for grass clippings, leaves, trees and garden debris only. NO lumber, building materials or garbage is allowed. Open Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays from 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.

Who do I call to have trash pickup at my home or business?

Republic Services is the licensed solid waste hauler for the City. Any firm may be hired for construction dumpsters. Curbside recycling is provided every other Monday. Republic Services will provide containers. If you have questions or to schedule service, please call Republic Services at 320-252-9608.

I would like to plant a tree on the City’s right-of-way in front of my property. What do I need to know?

The City of Foley is a Tree City. Before planting any tree on the City’s right-of-way, please call the Public Works Department at 320-968-4082. NO pine trees or bushes are allowed on City Boulevards.

Water Bills

How often will I receive a water bill from the City?

The utility bill for city water and sewer service is processed monthly. Our current water/sewer rates are posted on our website. A $25 late fee will be assessed to any delinquent account. For questions about your bill, please contact City Hall at 320-968-7260.

I am moving or have recently moved into a new home and need to update my water utility billing information. Whom should I call?

You may update your water utility billing information by calling City Hall at 320-968-7260.

Parks and Recreation

How do I reserve a park shelter at Holdridge or Lion’s Park?

You may reserve a park shelter for a fee by calling City Hall at 320-968-7260.

Are there any designated skateboarding or rollerblading parks in town?

Skateboarding and rollerblading are allowed on permitted property only. A skateboard park area has been established on the south side of Norway Drive, east of the First Presbyterian Church.

City Ordinances

What are some basic City ordinances that I should know?

The City of Foley has ordinances regulating animals, open burning, noise, nuisances, weeds, parking, curfews, snowmobiles, and golf carts to name a few. For more details, please review our list of City ordinances or visit City Hall.

All-Terrain Vehicles

May I drive my ATV in town?

Foley City Code now allows for ATVs and UTVs on City Streets. Section 1015 has been updated online. The change was passed by the City Council on June 4, 2019, and went into affect upon publication on June 18.

Are golf carts permitted in town?

Licensed golf carts are permitted in town. Apply in person at the Foley Police Department to acquire a license or call 320-968-0800 for more information.

Pet Licenses

Are pet licenses required by the City of Foley?

Licenses are required for dogs and are available at City Hall. Beginning in 2017, the City of Foley is offering a $20.00 one-time dog license that is good for the life of the dog. Proof of rabies vaccination and payment is required prior to a license being issued.

In addition to licensing requirements, ordinances also prohibit dogs from running at large within the city.


What are the City’s rules about parking downtown overnight?

No parking is allowed overnight in the downtown area from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. year round.

What are the City’s rules about parking during the winter?

There is no parking allowed on any city street or alley during the winter months from November 1 to March 31 from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. Special authorization for visitors can be obtained by contacting the Police Department at 320-968-0800.


What is my property zoned for and how does zoning affect my property?

To see how your property is zoned, view our zoning map. Zoning determines how a property can be utilized and sets basic rates. To learn more, read our zoning ordinances.