Welcome to the City of Foley…a Minnesota thriving rural community!
City of Foley has a strong economic base, a convenient and accessible location, education system, numerous recreational activities and a quality of life, based on traditional values.
Get to know your Foley Police Department: 5 Questions in 5 Minutes
We sat down with our Foley Police Department officers to ask 5 questions in 5 minutes. Here’s what Officer Dylan Kleinsasser had to say.
Road Construction Hwy 25 South of Foley
Beginning May 8, Highway 25 will close and detour to reconstruct the road surface between Glen St. in Foley and Hwy 95.
- Project is set to begin May 8, 2017, with site preparations
- Detour of Hwy 25 is set to begin Monday, May 15, just South of Glen St. in Foley to Hwy 95 with a complete road closure just South of the city; Rd. #51 for culvert replacement
- During closure of roadway, contractor will attempt to keep side roads accessible for local traffic/residents, although when work is being completed in this area traffic may be restricted at that time
- Project will be detoured through the entire project until completion, tentatively June 29
For more information: Department of Minnesota Transportation.
New Water/Sewer Rates Arriving in Mailboxes April 2017
Foley residents will see new water/sewer rates reflected in their first quarter 2017 utility bills scheduled to arrive in mailboxes in April 2017. For more information: Foley City Council Votes to Raise Water/Sewer Rates for 2017 (Dec. 7, 2016)
Foley Ambassador Program 2017
The Foley Ambassador Committee is looking for candidates for 2017. See our official Foley Ambassador Program page for more information! Ambassador and Junior Ambassador applications have closed. More information on Little Miss Foley application deadlines coming soon!
Foley Area Clean Up Day Scheduled for April 22
Story Time with Foley Fire Fighters April 28
City of Foley’s New One-Time Dog Licenses Are Now Available at City Hall
Foley residents no longer need to remember to buy a new dog license every spring. Beginning in 2017, the City of Foley is offering a $20.00 one-time dog license that is good for the life of the dog.
- Dog license is a one-time $20 fee for the lifetime of the dog.
- License tags can be transferred to another dog for a $15 fee.
- Lost tags can be replaced for a $5 fee.
- No dog shall be permitted to run at large within City Limits.
- Dogs are required to be on a leash or under control at all times.
- Owners are responsible for cleaning up after their dog.
- Owners are responsible for keeping dog up-to-date on rabies vaccination.
- Owners are responsible for updating their contact information.
Proof of current vaccinations is required at the time of issuing license. The new ordinance was passed at the March 7, 2017, City Council Meeting.
MN 23 Crash Reduction Project Update
Benton and Mille Lacs Counties – Law Enforcement are conducting extra patrol efforts with the goal of reducing fatal crashes on Highway 23 in both counties. Involved in the enforcement project are Benton County Sheriff’s Department, Mille Lacs County Sheriff’s Department, Foley Police Department, Milaca Police Department and the Minnesota State Patrol.
2017 Rental License Renewal Underway
The Rental License Renewal process for 2017 is now underway. If you are a property owner and are currently licensed with the city to rent to tenants, you will receive a renewal letter in the mail.
All rental properties in the City of Foley are required to have a rental license, which includes successfully completing a bi-annual inspection. According to Rental Ordinance 730, no property may be rented without first having obtained the license.
If you would like to apply for a rental license, please submit a completed application form and send with the required license and inspection fee to the City of Foley, PO Box 709, Foley, MN 56329 by Feb. 24, 2017.
For more information: Rental Property Licensing; or call City Hall at 320-968-7260 or the City Housing Inspector at 320-293-5298.
Due to the possibility of unauthorized modification of electronic data, errors in transmission, HTML browser incompatibilities, and other aspects of electronic communication that are beyond our control, information contained in the City’s website should not be considered suitable for legal purposes. Contact the City Hall to verify accuracy.