5 Questions in 5 Minutes: Officer Jason McDonald
We sat down with our Foley Police Department to ask 5 questions in 5 minutes. Here’s what Officer Jason McDonald had to say.
1. What motivated you to become a police officer?
“I have always wanted to work in law enforcement. After high school, I became a paramedic and after a few years decided to pursue my goal of being in law enforcement. I love helping people and making a positive impact in people’s lives.”
2. What is your favorite thing about being a police officer in Foley?
“I grew up in a small town, and Foley has a very similar feel. Everyone seems to be very supportive of the work we do. We are able to be more community oriented in a smaller town and able to focus on the needs of the community.”
3. What is one thing you wish people knew about being a police officer in a small town?
“We are trained and able to handle the same calls a bigger town might have more often. Just because it’s a small town doesn’t mean you won’t have issues that need professional police response.”
4. What do you like to do in your spare time?
“I do a lot of cooking, reading, and during the summer spend as much time at the lake as possible.”
5. High fives or fist bumps?