5 Questions in 5 Minutes: Councilmember Deb Mathiowetz
We sat down with our Councilmembers to ask them 5 questions in 5 minutes. Here’s what Councilmember Deb Mathiowetz had to say.
1. What is your favorite thing about living in Foley?
The people who work in Foley businesses are so helpful. They gave me names and numbers when I needed work done on my house. A first for me.
2. What motivated you to get involved with city government?
I needed something to do and felt I had skills that could be useful.
3. What is the one thing you wish people knew about Foley?
Foley is a positive small town with people willing to help newcomers.
4. What do you believe is the most pressing issue facing the City Council in 2023?
Work on recognizing the difference between “wants” and “needs.” There is a need for more multi-family housing and low-income senior housing.
5. How awesome are the people that work at the City of Foley?
a. Extremely Awesome
b. Extraordinarily Awesome
c. Uniquely Awesome – The people of Foley are uniquely awesome. The most interesting kind of people.