Liquor License 2021
The City of Foley regulates the retail sale of liquor and has established license fees as set by the council (Code of Ordinances Section 400, MN Statute 340A).
Liquor License Fees
- Fee for On Sale Liquor License – $1,750.00
- Fee for Sunday On Sale Liquor License – $150.00
- Fee for On Sale 3.2 Beer License – $60.00
- Fee for Off Sale 3.2 Beer License – $20.00
- Fee for Off Sale Liquor License – $150.00
- Fee for Club On Sale Liquor License – $100.00
- Fee for On Sale Wine License – $150.00
- Fee for Non-Enclosed Premises License – $100.00
The liquor license period runs from July 1 through June 30.
- Application, proof of insurance, copy of driver’s license and payment is due to City Hall.
- Applications must be presented for consideration to the Foley City Council at a public hearing.
- Please allow adequate processing time. Some licenses require a signature from the State prior to issuance.
If you are applying for an On Sale Liquor License, according to State Statute, you must submit evidence of liability insurance coverage in the amount of $50,000.00 for one person and $100,000.00 coverage per occurrence. Please submit this along with your application for the license. Certificate must run for City licensing period of July 1 – June 30 or state, “continuous until cancelled.”
If you are applying for a 3.2% license, according to the State Statute, and you have had over $25,000.00 worth of sales of 3.2% liquor for the preceding twelve months, you must submit evidence of liability insurance coverage in the amount of $50,000.00 for one person and $100,000.00 coverage per occurrence. Applicants for 3.2% licenses shall be exempt from the requirement of liability insurance coverage, provided the applicant submits an affidavit stating that its gross sales of 3.2% liquor, for the preceding twelve months, were less than $25,000.00.
The applications will be submitted to the Foley Police Chief for signature. The Police Chief requires a copy of the applicant’s driver’s license, front and back in order to perform the background check.
If you have any questions regarding the liquor licensing process, please contact Foley City Hall at 320-968-7260.