Foley Fire Department
Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of the Foley Volunteer Fire Department. This organization has a long and distinguished history of providing skillful emergency services to the residents of our area. The hours of training are many, the work hard, and the schedule unpredictable. But, the feeling of accomplishment makes it all worthwhile.
City of Foley Employment Application
High School Diploma or equivalent, previous knowledge, training or experience in the Fire Service or as a First Responder. Experience operating large motor vehicles, must possess a valid State of MN Drivers License without a record of suspension or revocation in any State during the past three (3) years, must be able to meet the physical demands of the position, previous community volunteer experience desirable.
Fire Chief, Assistant Chief, Captains and Lieutenants
Firefighters have the responsibility of protecting life and property from the hazards of fire and other hazardous situations. This protection is offered by applying fire suppression methods to control and stop property damage, by saving lives through rescue from fire or other hazardous environments, and through safety inspections, and public fire safety education. Firefighters also respond to emergency calls to provide efficient and immediate care to the critically ill and injured. Firefighters also lend assistance at the scene of automobile, industrial and agricultural accidents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to fire calls and other emergency calls, extinguishes or controls fires as a member of a team under the direction of an officer
- Maintains fire apparatus and equipment
- Attends regular and assigned training sessions to maintain and upgrade firefighting and emergency medical skills
- Performs as a driver/operator of fire apparatus
- Responds to emergency medical calls and rescue calls to provide care to the critically ill and injured at the First Responder level
- Promotes fire prevention in the community and assists with fire inspection and pre-fire planning of buildings as part of a team
- Assists in developing training drills and planning for special assignments
- Represents the Fire Department at a number of community events and in a manner that is consistent with all department and city policies and goals
- Attends initial and recurrent training at the Firefighter I level, minimum
- Performs other duties as assigned
Submit your City of Foley Employment Application to email@example.com or mail your printed copy to Foley City Hall, 251 4th Ave. N, Foley, MN 56329.
To apply for this job please visit ci.foley.mn.us.